Jesus, Our Doctor Who

A friend of mine who has similar tastes in movies as me recently suggested I try Doctor Who. Now I have never been a fan of the Sci-Fi genre, but decided to go ahead and give it a try.

I, for the most part, did enjoy the first episode..but snoozed through the second.  My oldest daughter was really enjoying them but I had my hesitations as I have always associated space "alien" activity with "demonic" activity and this show was doing nothing to change my mind.  So I prayed about yhe show and whether or not we should continue to view it and that was when I got this beautiful picture.   The aliens did represent demons, a world which most people either were or chose to be ignorant of.  Jesus is our Doctor Who who helps us to battle these "aliens" who are trying to destroy us.  We can fight them also but we are only sucessful when our Doctor is with us, helping us.  Now I see this show as a beautiful allegory and am enjoying the rest of the series. :)

"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."  Ephesians 6:12

Below is a pic that my niece sent me on pinterest.


Posted via Blogaway

Comments

Popular Posts