Is the Phantom a Good Guy or a Bad Guy?


We just watched the movie "The Phantom of the Opera" this week, and while I didnt think my children would enjoy an opera, I was actually surprised at there response. The question I kept getting from my children at the end of the movie was "Is the Phantom a Good Guy or Bad Guy". While you not sure you want Christine to end up with him, you are caused to feel sympathy for him.

My boys are typical boys, they love to play firement & army men....to them there are always good guys and bad guys. I try to teach them that God does not want us to kill the bad guys, but teach them about Jesus so they can become good guys.

So my answer to them is that he was both. He was human. He loved Christine, but he let jealousy and anger and bitterness consume and control him and it turned her against him. In the end he shows repentance and asks for forgiveness, which is what God wants us to do.

Comments

Christina said…
Great post, I heard it put this way once, that good verses evil is split right down the middle of every humans heart....

Nice to see you blogging again, you can find me over at www.homesteadblogger.com/scattertheseeds

I'm post at A mixed bag of nuts too, with hubby.

Popular Posts