Go Fish, Peanut Butter & Lacto Fermented Sodas

I have discovered 2 things today. 1) I can make my own homemade Peanut Butter in a matter of minutes and 2)It is possible to play "go fish" sitting in the middle of my living room floor with a toddler roaming about. The peanut butter is easy, you just buy a jar of salted (or unsalted) roasted peanuts, put them in the food processor and in a couple of minutes, "ouila" you have peanut butter. Playing "go fish" with a toddler crawling around is a bit of a challenge. You have to be constanlty be watching him, making sure he doesn't see where you put your sets when your done, and you have to find a creative way to keep moving around the "pond" (where you keep the fish, so he doesn't pick it, all the while guessing who has what card and responding to their guesses. (I am not going to mention some of my hiding spots), but sitting on your doubles seems to work the best, or placing them between pages of a book or newspaper that is laying nearby.

As for the lacto fermented sodas, I made my starter last night and will let you know in two weeks (if I remember) how they turn out. In the meantime, here is where I got my recipe:

http://www.learningherbs.com/news_issue_20.html

Comments

Anonymous said…
This is too funny. We started our culture 2 days ago. We've been on HerbMentor.com since it started earlier this year and Kimberly just posted a video on how to make the lacto-fermented soda. My kids are thrilled!!

So far school is going really well this year, attitudes are great, everyone is working hard. So far so good.

Great to hear from you!

Christina

Popular Posts