A Wise Woman Builds Her House

Growing up I remember my father waking us early so we had time for morning devotiobs before school.  He always read a Proverb, Psalm, as well as another pasage of Scripture.  One verse I particularly remembered was Proverbs 14:1 "The wise woman builds her house,  but with her own hands thefoolish woman tears hers down."   Like most children, I visualized it literally and wondered why anyone would do that.

I am now a married woman and experience has shown me that it is through the power of words (as well as actions) how this is possible.  When I speak words of encouragement I am building my husband and children up...but when I am scornful, cold, mocking and angry, I am tearing down my marriage, my family and my home. 

We (should) have control over our words and our attitudes.  The Bible speaks a lot about the power of words - How life and death are in the power of the tongue, how a soft answer turns away wrath, and how we are to exhort one another.

I recently read a blog post about a woman who has gone 399 days without yelling at her children (I believe the name of the blog was called Orange Rhino).  This was a concientious decision on her part and she has learned how destructive her yelling had been through the positive response of her not yelling. 

Words and actions are powerful and
we have a choice - Are we going to be a wise woman.......or a foolish one.


Posted via Blogaway

Comments

Popular Posts