Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

I was complaining to my mother the other day how much I liked oatmeal raisin cookies but couldnt find a recipe to my liking. She said that my sister had made her cookies for Christmas and they were very good. So I called my sister for the recipe and have just tasted the results....this is the recipe I have been looking for!

2/3 c. white sugar
2/3 c. brown sugar
1 c. butter (or 1/2 c. butter & 1/2 c. shortening)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 Large Eggs
3 c. oats
1 c. flour
1 c. raisins (nuts, dates or choco chips)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Stir together everything but the oats, flour & raisins. Add remaining ingredients. Place 2 TBSP cookie dough 2" apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Quickly move from cookie sheet to cooling rack.

My batch made about 3 dozen (but they were slightly bigger than 2 TBSP)

Comments

Popular Posts