First/Second Week of School

I started school with my girls this week and this was my second week of school with the boys. I am using the Heart of Dakota curriculums ( http://www.heartofdakota.com , Little Hearts for His Glory with the Boys & Preparing Hearts for His Glory with the girls. School with the boys is going really well, while we have not gotten into a scheduled routine, they seemed to have gotten into the groove of things and we are finishing school in 1 hour...YEAH. While not perfect our first week of school with the girls, it went relatively well. I think Abigail should really be in Bigger, but because of financial restraints that is not possible right now. She is doing well; however, and I simplify for her. I think I should have her checked out for a visual learning disability. She still struggles with "b" & "d", reverses numbers (12 for 21) and writes almost all her numbers backwards. She is a smart girl though but easily frustrated and a "Perfect Paula". My sociable sue is thriving with school and I really think we are going to enjoy this year. I am reteaching handwriting this year. I never spent the time to make sure it was done well before and we are going back to italic so my 6, 8 & 10 year old are all on the same page. Well nothing really exciting to report still need to figure out what to do with my toddler, but I have some ideas rolling around.

Comments

Popular Posts