Phew! Library Times

I signed my daughter up for a "Science in the Summer" program that was being held at our local library. Today was the last day, thankfully. She really enjoyed the class, the reason I say "Phew!" was that it was from 3-4 in the afternoon, part of our normal quiet time at home. So for 3 days in a row, I had to wake up my 4yo from his nap (if he is woken up he is grumpy, he wakes up better on his own). Not a pleasant picture before we leave for the library.... then we walked the 2 1/2 blocks to the library. Normally a nice little walk, but Monday and Tuesday were the two hottest days of the year so far this summer at 97 degrees both days, yesterday it was raining on our way there (thankfully not heavily) and muggy on the way home. Today was a nice day, but my 4yo was at his grumpiest. So thankfully that is over and my daughter enjoyed her class. We are almost up to 200 books for our summer reading program and there are 3 weeks still remaining. We have gathered all the prizes you get except the grand prize which is announced at the wrap up party on August 8......which we might not make depending on when the baby is born.

Comments

Anonymous said…
What a nice walk everyday, It hasn't been under 92 degrees here for quite awhile! AUGH....hot yuck! I pray everything is still a.o.k. with you! Take Care

KIT

Christina
www.homesteadblogger.com/urbanpioneer

Popular Posts