Potato Salad

Summer, and especially the day we celebrate our country's independence is a time of picnics and getting together with friends. We are going to have dinner at good friends of our tomorrow and I was asked to bring a side dish (and a dessert). I decided to bring a potato salad, at the suggestion of my friend. I have'nt made potato salad in ages, but remembered my mom used the one on the Hellman's jar and made a couple of alterations. Well, I fetched the jar of Hellman's out of the fridge (which was a miracle that I had since, I use Aldi's brand...which tastes like Hellmans). Well lo and behold there was no potato salad recipe. So I googled for it. Here is it is with a couple of my mother's alterations:

Hellman’s Potato Salad

5-6 meduim sized potatoes cubed

1/2 cup onion chopped

1 cup celery chopped

1 cup Hellman’s Mayo

2 T. White vinegar or pickle juice**

1 1/2 t. Salt

1 t. Sugar

1/4 t. ground black pepper

1 TBSP of yellow mustard**

**Mother's alterations

Boil the potatoes and drain. Mix all the spices, Mayo, Vinegar, and combine with the warm drained potatoes and the onions, and celery. Top with the hard boiled eggs. and put in the fridge. Chill well before eating for best flavor.

Comments

Popular Posts