Exhausted

I guess I have been spoiled.....either that or my memory is just bad. I dont remember the adjustment period of having a new baby being so difficult. It's supposed to get easier.....the soreness breastfeeding, sleeping a little longer during the night and taking over my household tasks...I must be getting old. I am still sore nursing, even broke down and supplemented with formula for a couple of days, until my husband got be a nipple shield...which has helped so that I am nursing full time again, but I am still sore, I know in the past it always cleared up within 1-2 weeks, but its almost been a month now. He is supposed to be easing into his sleeping and napping schedule, but for the past four days he has having a wakeful period during the night that nursing and going back to sleep isnt working and during nap time, even after keeping him up for a couple of hours he wont go to sleep. I can handle a lot of things, been not when I am tired. I know that this too shall pass (hopefully sooner than later) , but in the meantime, I am exhausted.

Comments

Anonymous said…
It was hard with Glory. My nipples hurt so bad, even past the three week mark. I was beginning to wonder. And she always wanted to be held. I couldn't put her down. That was a season of many hours spent watching VHS movies like Christy and Hornblower and Love Comes Softly series. It must be bad if you're using a shield. I remember crying before Glory would wake up because of the anticipation of feeding her, and I cried while feeding her, too. Have you contacted LLL yet? We still may be coming up your way, but we're not sure on the dates. I'll keep you posted.

Popular Posts